Our mission at cove is to enable people to thrive, whether that’s at home or at work. From getting groceries delivered to your door to working remotely more and more, work and life doesn’t look the same as it did yesterday.
That’s where we come in. We’re reimagining what your daily experience at work and at home looks like today and in the future. From our intimate co-working spaces or our private company HQs to our work with office buildings and residential communities, we’re changing the way people think about work and life.
In order to meet our ambitious plans, we need amazing people. And that’s where you come in. We’re looking for hard-working, ambitious, creative, and bold co-workers. If that sounds like you, we want to meet you!
Why you want to work here
Come As You Are:
- cove is a safe, welcoming place for everyone. We particularly encourage you to apply if you are a person of color, identify as a woman, or identify as a nonbinary or LGBTQ person.
- Bring your full self to work, we don't require you fit into a box.
- We don’t have a dress code and we mean it!
- We all share the same goal to create a company, which we love and which we are proud of! We want everyone to feel welcomed and invited to the table. We value diverse perspectives because they make us and our product better!
- Flexible vacation policy and paid parental leave. It’s important to recharge and take care of loved ones.
- Our team is distributed across the country, but we also love to stay in touch and meet each other.
- Virtual events: join our remote events with our cove community and the team!
- For remote folks: Get your monthly cove@home surprise box! It’s like your birthday but every month!
- Free snacks and drinks at our cove locations in DC and Cambridge.
Remote / Cambridge MA
You’re probably the type of person your friends and family go to with their technical problems. When things get challenging, you don’t run away from the challenge, you run towards it. Your idea of a good time typically involves solving difficult puzzles and studying the most elegant solutions.
Things about you that we DO NOT care about:
- Past Employer Names
- School Names
Things about you that we DO care about:
- Pride in what you produce, even if no one else sees it
- Great work ethic
- Passion for the best ideas, even if they aren’t yours
- Willingness to disagree and voice an alternative opinion if you believe it is correct, even if the person you disagree with is more experienced than you
- Whatever-it-takes attitude, even if that means that you’ll have to get out of your comfort zone
As a Software Engineer at cove, you’ll be joining our small product team and have outsized influence over how our software is built and the tools we use.
Your role will consist of building our software platform and delivering a great experience to our users. You’ll help us build, test, and run a robust, well-tested, and modern software platform (currently we use JS on the front and backend).
- At least 2 years of experience as a Software Engineer working on a team, delivering code to production.
- A solid understanding of web application architecture, engineering best practices, and computer science principles
- Clear communicator
- The ability to solve problems on a team, overcome different challenges, and learn new things quickly
- Respectful team member, who can swallow their pride and let others shine
Nice to haves (but not required)
- Solid experience with at least one of the following:
- React/React Native OR
- Mobile app development for iOS and Android OR
- Mobile test automation and/or mobile CI/CD OR
- Strong UI/UX skills
- Experience with Agile Software development practices
How to apply
If you’re interested in this position, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “Software Engineer Position.” In the body of the email, please describe why you’re interested in the role, why you’d be a good fit, and what your career ambitions are. Also include links to the work you’re most proud of and will speak to the quality of your work. These can be links to code repositories or working apps, we do not have a preference. Resumes are not necessary, but if you feel it will help, you can attach it to your email.